Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Journal Entry




Well! I am soo grateful at this TIME in my life. The time has finally come and hope and pray that I was patient enough with God.The Lord has answered our prayers about having children. I will be 8 weeks this this coming Thursday. We cannot keep expressing our gratitude to our Father in Heaven for this blessing! This little baby has already affected us more than we can express right now. I am so grateful for all the prayers that have been made in our behalf. Thank you soo much! We truly have felt your prayers and have been strong because of them. Thank you! We have had two early ultrasounds in the last two weeks. Our baby is doing so strong! The heartbeat is normal which is about 150 beats per minute. I have had countless blessing of comfort and strength with this pregnancy and I know that our baby will be okay. It is comforting to me that no matter what happens to this baby we will always have this little one if we are true to the covenants we made in temple. Our testimonies have been strengthened and we know even more that God hears our prayers and answers them when the time is right. We just have to be patient and trust in Him. Back in November Caleb gave me a blessing for the sick on this very issue. I was blessed that I would be made whole and that we would have children of our own. I believed in the blessing, but I honestly thought that it would happen as a result of the medicine and the blessing. I guess I thought that God would work through the medicine and in His own special way he did. I was able to have a normal cycle again because of the medicine, but I did not get pregnant on it. As the months on the clomid continued and disappointments grew deeper, I realized that all I had left was my faith in the blessing. Heavenly Father is the only reason we are able to create life and not because of medication. It is this understanding that leads me to even more prayer as our baby grows. This child will turn out exactly how He wants him/her to be. It is amazing to me how my faith continues to grow as this pregnancy continues. I love being apart of this amazing gospel. The Lord has blessed us soooo much!We are soo excited and happy!!!

9 comments:

Josie13 said...

Heidi I'm so excited for you!!! My boys are the biggest blessings AND the biggest trials... :) I really hope your pregnancy goes well.

Christense Clan said...

Congrats girl!! I am so happy for you and your hubby! Keep us posted on your pregnancy! :)

Our Family said...

I am so happy for you.. Wow I could cry for you. I know this child will be blessed to be sent to a family that is excited and very humble for this blessing. Keep us in touch on the updates. I know it will be a loved child. But I am placing my predictions on a girl.

The Bahrs said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO SUPER HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH!!! I kept looking on your blog hoping so much that I would see a post like this from you! WOO HOO! So your due date is around Christmas? How appropriate. :) Stay healthy and keep us all increadibly posted on everything with this little one! Love you so much! Oh, and congrats!

Michael and Laura Elggren said...

Congratulations loverly :) You have such great faith, and I know that you are being rewarded for that! Love you sweetums, and keep us posted :)

My Everythings said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! We are so so happy for you. Congrats.

The Bahrs said...

I'll put up a belly pic if one more person says something about it. ;) you get bigger a lot faster the second time around so i'm a little self concious about my big ol' belly! haha! :)

keep me posted little heidi (or caleb jr)

Emma said...

Yay the word is out!
You already know how very excited I am for you, I can't wait for you to experiece all the happiness a child can bring into your life!

And Andrina (and Adella I am sure) are excited for another cousin! I was telling Andrina and she was so happy that Harmony would have someone to play with!

I can't wait to see you next week! I am pretty sure right now I look more pregnant then you do! Seriously.

Pauline said...

Congrats Heidi I pray all will work out for you and that all will go according to the Lords will for you two. Keep us informed as to how you progress.