Friday, April 10, 2009
Bethany
My entire family is doing a fast this next Tuesday for Bethany and her doctors. A few years ago she was diagnosed with cerebral palsy. The doctors gave her stretches to maintain her flexibility and pain. Recently my mom told me that she has been falling a lot lately with no warning whatsoever. My other sister Emma said that from what she has seen this happens about 6-10 times an hour or more when she has walked quite a bit. I guess her knees are starting to hurt her as a result of the multiple falls. Last week her results of her neck and spine MRI read normal. The amazing doctor that diagnosed Grandpa Reimer with ALS has ruled out MS and ALS on Bethany. However, he is sending them to a neurologist for precaution and for more answers. Both doctors that she has seen are unsure if this is related to the cerebral palsy. I have talked to her on the phone and she is doing well, but of course she is concerned with the reasons and would like some answers as we all do. All of my sisters are amazing examples to me and they have taught me so much. It is wonderful to be so close to them and I love every one of my family members. It is hard to see Bethany go through this and I am very concerned about her. I know that this fast will unite my family together despite the miles that are between us. I am amazed at Bethany and the strength that she has to endure. A few years ago I asked her if her diagnosis had bothered her and she accepted it like any ol regular spiritual giant. I just know in my heart that the doctors will listen to spirit and lead her in the right direction because of the fast my family will be doing. Right now in my own life I am working on having the faith of a child and have felt my Savior closer than I can now recall. Fasting for her is really an easy sacrifice for me to show my love and support to her. Love ya beefers!
2 comments:
Wow! I didn't even know that Bethany had anything wrong! We will pray for her and for your family. Poor thing! Your family is full of spiritual giants :) Please let us know if we can support you guys in any way. Love you!
i hate hearing things like this and being so far away!! im sad i didnt read this before now but i will start fasting for her! and praying for her!
Post a Comment