Sunday, March 22, 2009

Journal Entry



Well I just wanted to write a journal entry on some thoughts about how we are doing since my last emotional journal. Again this is therapy for me to get some things off my chest. It just so happens to be open to the public. I want to be very clear that we are very happy. We are very blessed. We are still very much in love with each other. A From my last journal entry not much has changed. I still feel the same way and I still keep my guard up so I don't fall apart, but I do have my moments. The only thing I can do at that point is feel the pain and disappointment in my heart. It is this eternal love we share that is behind the pain of not being able to share it with a child. We embrace this trial we don't understand at this time. My tears and pleas' with my Father in Heaven are not murmurs, whining or temper tantrums, but they are to receive strength to endure the pain and have some of it removed so that I can endure it and understand. I am not asking or wanting pity, nor do I say "oh woe is me!" How can one say such a thing when only a Heavenly King can see the entire picture. I do believe that God answers prayers and that He wants us to be happy even if there are disappointments in life. I do know that we can receive all that He has if we obedient to his commandments. I am also very grateful for unanswered prayers that go eventually answered in his time and in his very special way. Again I say that we are soo blessed in other ways. I pray for his will to be done and not mine...because he knows what is best for me and what will bring me back to His presence. Who knows as I put even more trust in Him maybe the pain I cannot bear will be removed or at least lightened. I look forward to that day when we will be able to have our own bundle of joy. It is this hope that there is faith. Until then we will count our blessings and endure to the end with our Savior right beside us to bear us up with this very painful and disappointing trial.

6 comments:

Our Family said...

Hello Heidi. This is Hilary Zumbrennen (formally Hilary Colby)I am Elizabeth Rodgers sister (she was Elizabth Colby).

I understand what to some degree what you are going through. I am married to the love of my life. George Zumbrennen. We were married civily in the church on 9/29/07. We were sealed in the temple on 12/27/08. He has two kids from his first marriage that we raise full-time and were sealed to in the temple. The biological mom chose a harder life and to not be in their lives very much. I love these kids and you can read our blog at http://zumbrennenfamily.blogspot.com/.

George and I are very much in love and it was love from the first date. We have always had the goal of wanting to have a child that we created to add to our family. The kids even want us to have one.

So after a year of trying and knowing that I would be turning 35 soon we started meeting with the fertlity specialist. I know it has only been a year and half of trying but there have been many false hopes and negative tests that have tested our faith.

I know we will have children in the next life and I am happy for the two we are raising but I would love to have a child that has both my husbands and my characteristics. I want to look and the baby and know that it was created in love.

It is hard at times when I can see others getting pregnant so fast or even when they do not want to. I have to have faith at those times and believe it will happen in the Lord's time.

I know you have a very special heart and I imagine that the man you would have married would be the same way. A child would benefit from having you as a mom.

I have to believe that the Lord knows your heart and desires to bless you with this blessing at the right time for you and the baby. I know you probably know this but I just want to say that.
Love Hilary

Brinaghs said...

Hang in there Heidi!! Wish I could say or do more for you, but know that we all Love you and pray for you all the time!!! Loves and huggs!!!

The Karrens said...

Wonderful thoughts. God knows us better than anyone.

Michael and Laura Elggren said...

Still praying for you lovely :) I say, you have such amazing and strong faith Heidi. You will be blessed, just hang in there :) Love you!

The Bahrs said...

Heidi you are such an example and inspiration to those that are going through similar trials. The fact that you stay so strong is awesome. I will continue to pray for you guys. Just know you will be able to have your precious baby if not here then in a much better, safer place. :) Love you!

Emma said...

Hang in there you two. It will all come together far better then you could have ever dreamed just when it is supposed to, and when it does it will be perfect.
Until then, enjoy what you do have!