These are my thoughts that I felt I should share.
Today in Relief Society we talked about being Born Again. The lesson was based on some recent general conference talk. It was a really good lesson and the spirit was amazing! I love the feeling of being edified through the spirit! It feels soo good and happy! The worlds view of being born again is just accepting Jesus into your life and it is, but I think there is MORE to it. In order to "accept" him we need to gain a testimony of Him and His church. He is the boss and he is well aware of what is happening with it and us. Then we need to keep the baptismal covenants we made because each time we partake of the sacrament we are renewing the promise that we will take upon us His name and always remember Him. It is a way of being born again. Then we need to remember the testimony and spirit we felt the first time. We all don't need a Joseph Smith experience to be born again and or to receive a testimony. I shared Doctrine and Covenants 6:15, 21-24. This is ultimately my favorite scripture because in a nutshell he says "I am God and what more of a witness do you need than the time I spoke peace in your mind and heart and remember the spirit you felt as I enlightened your mind (paraphrased)" At that time I wanted a Joseph Smith experience and well He put me back in place and in the right frame of thinking. I had a testimony and it wasn't necessary for Him to answer me again. It was reiterated to me today that being born again is a process that starts with a testimony that must be strenghtened and continued.
I am really glad that I went to church today. It was really hard to go alone. I could have stayed home with Caleb being out of town til Sept 2, and it really makes me shutter to think what I could have missed out on! I really understand why people are inactive. It is sooo easy to not attend church and even harder to go back once out of habit. I have soo much sympathy for those lost sheep cuz I know what it like to be in their shoes.
3 comments:
Good post sis!
I am totally impressed with your dedication to go to church alone in a new place. That is very brave! Sounds like it was worth every brave second, it's it always?
Love ya and I hope to see more pictures!!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEIDI DEAR! HAPPY DAYS WILL COME TO YOU ALL YEAR! IF I HAD A WISH THEN IT WOULD BE, A HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU FROM ME!!
um... sista?
You are in some need of an update!!
Love ya!
Post a Comment