Sunday, August 19, 2007

Harmony!-the newest addition!

This is our 7 month old baby!Her name is Harmony and she has brought us a lot of joy! It is not the best picture of her, but it will suffice for now. We got her at the pound and they said she was a husky/chihuahua mix. How is that possible? Our vet thinks that she is a husky/lab/another sm breed. It is soo funny to see peoples face when we tell them what the pound says she is. I can picture your face now!! Our vet said that she isn't going to get much bigger and that if she grew anymore it would be in length and weight. She weighed in at 28lbs and I think she weighs about 35lbs now. Scales aren't allowed in my house! She didn't bark the first few days and we were concerned that she didn't have a voice! The vet said that barking is a learned behavior from other dogs! I had no idea that dogs teach other dogs how to bark! Weird! I really like our vet! After a few long walks with other dogs barking at her and some time with Pippin (Caleb's sister dog) , we heard this deep, freaky, loud bark! Being that Pippin is a cute BRAT he of course sometimes snaps at Harmony, but she doesn't understand or care about another dogs anger and therefore turns it into a game of "touched ya last" We will put a video of it on for all of you too see! Its hilarious! Maybe you will be able to hear her honk! She really honks!

2 comments:

The Isoms said...

Cute dog! I don't believe the pound though..that's odd! Glad to see you have some "Harmony" in your life! heheh.

Emma said...

Good heck, it's about time you updated!
Harmony is so cute and I am glad that you love her so. Nothing worse then not loving the pet that takes over your life eh? One word... Buddy. May he RIP!!!
Now let's see some more of TN! And I hear Mom, Bee and Josh are coming to visit... AGAIN!
Have fun!!!