I also wrote a love poem for Caleb this week. He really liked it.!! Don't you think he has the best wife ever!!!:) Believe it or not but I came up with it in the shower!! I really ought to write more poetry cuz its easy when you know what you are feeling. Do you know what my problem is? I will tell you since you asked, half the time I don't know what I am feeling and or I just don't want to know what I am feelings. Feeling feelings can be scary!! . Blah Blah Blah.!! no matter how busy your life gets just don't forget to do the things you enjoy!
Caleb and I started to study and read the scriptures again. The Book of Mormon is filled with exciting stories and it strengthens our testimonies! I also found these churcheee poems I had a written on my mission. They gave me strength and made me happy, so I thought I'd share them even though they a a few years old. The gospel is truely amazing. We are learning in our happy marriage just how important the Savior is in our relationship. I can really tell a difference the times that we are close to the spirit vs the times we are not. The more we love eachother the more we want to be good, so that we can enjoy eternity with eachother and all of our family members.
A Righteous Desire
I love you
I love you
I want to help you
feel the spirit.
I want you to be happy
and have what I have been given.
I want you to know what I know.
I want you to pray.
I want you to know Jesus Christ
as the Savior of the world.
I want to you to enter into the gate
knowing the truth.
I want this
cuz
I love you
His Voice
Today, as I walked the path of life
I was busy thinking about God
His wonderful creation surrounded
my body and soul, but still I felt empty.
Something whispered
You are my special daughter!
It stopped me in my path and caused
questions to soar within my mind.
On this path I saw a book about God.
Time seemed to stop my busy schedule
until I began to find my answers along this
meditated path of life.
And then, through this book that came to life.
I heard the whisper once again
You are my special daughter!
Peace began to fill my aching heart.
An accomplishment made recognizing
His voice
I know
I know who I am, do you?
I know who I am, do you?
I know why I am here, do you?
I know the Plan He set before the world, do you?
I know The Book of Mormon is true, do you?
I know God reveals His truth through modern prophets, do you?
I know because the Holy Ghost testified of the truth to me.
You ask how?
I felt it in my heart,but do you care enough to ask?
Will you ask?
1 comment:
Very good post Heidi! I like the poems a lot, but I'd like to hear the love poem to Caleb too.. so cute!
So how bout more info on your move eh? I need some details!
Post a Comment