Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Our Baby Boy!-Dearest Brigham Joel










Our Dearest Baby Boy!,
       Brigham Joel Sims. I want you to know how much you are loved by us and your sister Annabelle. We have prayed for you for a very long time! I must say that Annabelle said one day out of the blue "I want a sibling!" I think she was about 18 months. It was as clear as night and day! She loves babies and is soo kind and caring. She just has a natural instinct when it comes to babies and we think that she will be a great big sister! Love her and protect and be an awesome big little brother! I do not know if I did a letter for Annabelle when I was pregnant. I can't guarantee anything like that these days and this includes pictures of me and updates with being pregnant with you. All I can say is that I have been lazy etc when it comes to updating my blog I like to call my journal. Heck I got prego with you in May and my last update here was Dec 11. See! I just get over whelmed and my hopes are that I will do this thing more as I am a bit board with the 4 websites I visit obsessively, which is why I haven't done this pinterest thing that is popular right now. I just would like to focas on this more and less on the other 4 sites! 
       Anyways let me do my best in telling you how you became you and some of our feelings! We have always wanted you in our life! We picked all of our kids names out when we were dating. Annabelle's never changed. Yours was going to be Jacob Joel, but we didn't like how it would be shortened to Jake, so it was changed to Brigham. We try to pick out names that would be cute shortened or played with if you didn't like it! Brigham is just such an awesome name and it sounds soo very nice next to Joel. You are named after your father and grandfather! Both men are pretty amazing in my book and you would do well in life if you used them as role models. I know that you are meant to be in our lives. You are filling a hole in our lives and in our hearts, so thank you for coming! We could not bear the hole in hearts any longer and you are coming at the time our Heavenly Father wants you too. I am glad that I can be an instrument in Gods hands in providing you a body. It is soo awesome that we followed His plan! Having a body is what we have always wanted because it is one more step closer to being like our Heavenly Father and Savior. Luckily we can we repent of our mistakes so that we can enter His presence again. We hope and pray that we will al make the proper choices that will allow us to partake in the blessing of being an eternal family. 
       When we found out that we were pregnant we somewhat shocked. I kept repeating "oh my heck!," to the point where I don't even know how many times I said it. It was a little bit more difficult to get pregnant with your sister and the process was just plain emotional. I pleaded for you kids in my prayers and promised my Heavenly Father that I would do my very best in teaching you His ways, so that you would return to him. I wanted to be an instrument in providing a body to someone that would help build up the Kingdom of God on earth. We have the restored gospel in our home and what better place to send wanted and desired child than to us. It just made sense to me, so that is what has given me hope and has strengthened my testimony as I wait for you to come. It is all in Gods time and He knows best we just have to humble ourselves as we put our trust in him. You are an answer to our prayers and we will praise God forever for you. You are a special gift from God and we love you! I feel like I am being guided by the spirit as I write this letter/journal entry. I hope it helps someday. It is too you, but also to Annabelle in some aspects. 
   Being pregnant with you was like being pregnant with Annabelle. I have been sick, but it has been manageable. I enjoy being pregnant, but I don't enjoy the weight gain or the comments I get about it. I hope and pray that you are well and healthy and that I am giving you everything you need. You are an active little baby! You like to kick and stretch out! You have found your favorite spot and I know this because this special spot you claimed is sore all the time! Grow baby grow! When we we found out we were having a boy I was shocked. My "oh my heck" occurred again! The lady that did the ultrasound had a difficult time getting pictures of you cuz you were just soo active. Maybe that phrase will stick around with you...who knows?!!! I am starting to get used to the idea of raising a boy from Mars! haha : )!! Its kinda weird for me since I grew up with girls and I was 12 when my brother was born. My amazing parents didn't have me raise him or my sisters, but I guess I helped a little bit. Not enough to be prepared for you though! So I say you are from Mars and you father says I am crazy, but hey he is from Mars too! We love you Brigham! and we can't wait to see you after you have completely baked!

2 comments:

Michael and Laura Elggren said...

That's beautiful and something he will treasure in later years :) So happy for your sweet good family. Love you!!

Emma said...

I can't wait until he gets here!!!