Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October 16, 2012..my 31st bday!

Well today is my birthday and I am now 31. Whoa! If I switch the numbers around then I am only 13. Maybe 31 isn't bad because being a teenager was not easy at all. I really do enjoy the freedom I have now as an adult, but it was sure nice to be a kid with the amazing parents I have! I don't know how they did what they did or put up with what they did for me.! The older I get  more I realize just how blessed I was to be born under the covenant with the fullness of the gospel on my lap. I am grateful that my parents stuck to their testimonies, covenants and love for themselves and God. I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for them and my grandparents. I always felt a little special cuz I was able to share this day with one of my grandmas. I wrote on my facebook page because today was and still is our day even though we are separated by a veil. I said "Thinking about my Grandma on our special day. Missing her. Happy memories. Happy tears even though I admit it has been 6 long years. Happy Birthday Grandma Reimer! We will have a great day today together!" 
 I still have the birthday cards both sets of grandparents sent me and it brings me me joy to see their handwriting. I am reminded of their love for me. Simple act and I am glad I saved them over the years. I did cry happy tears for memories this day has brought and every year I feel her presence for just a moment. It lets me know that she still is aware and is nearer than I realize. I was serious when I said we would have a great day together and we did. 
  I took Annabelle to her first dentist appointment and felt soo blessed to have found such an amazingly friendly Dentist and staff! She had no cavities!! Yeah! She behaved wonderfully to the point that I think she enjoys attention like that! I probably have a little girl that will enjoy pedicures and such, which I can one day use as bonding time!
 After that we went to pick up Caleb and then went to the grocery store for dinner. Annabelle insisted she buy me flowers, so that is what they did for me on my day. You can see them below! I love getting flowers especially from my husband and children. It makes me feel happy whenever I look at them. Here are some pictures of them. We watched the Presidential debate before taking the first official pregnant pictures of me carrying Brigham!  Right now I am 24 weeks aka 6 months pregnant! and I keep telling myself that I am not as big as I feel! I know that I will get bigger and hopefully it will just be baby. I want a big healthy baby, but i don't want to be big with him! You know what I mean? Well that was my day. It was really great not having to work and just relax with the ones I love!




No comments: