I almost didn't post this, but what the heck. What do I have to lose? I am already happily crazy! It still brings happy tears to my eyes.!
So today 10-16 was my 30th birthday. weird. weird. weird. It has been a really good day today. I got to go to church which is all I really wanted. I was suppose to work, but I kept getting the feeling that I needed to be at church. I am so glad that I did and that I found someone to work for me. That was a gift. It was wonderful to feel the spirit. I miss it when it can't go. It was a good day spent with family and friends. Sometimes I think they do too much for me, but it is soo nice having them around. I really have the best family around and even far away. I was on my way to bed, but I can't go to bed without writing down my unique experience. I wished my friends kiddos Happy Birthday. I got to thinking how awesome it is to be able to see a young child be born on your birthday and I am glad that I have friends who have had kids with this day. It was almost like I got a glimpse of what my grandma felt when I was born. I think it really cool to share your day with someone. I was able to experience 25 birthday's with her on this earth. If she wasn't near she would send a card and we would talk on the phone. I couldn't imagine a birthday without her. In my childlike mind I thought she would live forever!! It has been 5 years since we lost this particular dearly loved grandparent. I know that she is busy, but it is just nice to feel her love with a whisper every year because my crazy head knows I am not forgotten. It strengthens my testimony of the gospel and that families really can be together forever and thank heavens for temples!..we should all go more often! Everyday I strive to a little better so that I can be with all of my grandparents and family members. I made some post about a song one of my friends wrote with her band. The song was written in memory of someone who past away from cancer. I have come to the conclusion that love and desire continues to grow between both the living and dead. They miss us as much as we miss them and that wonderful!! Today I am 30! and now officially on the old bandwagon! It is awesome!! I had a wonderful day with family and friends and call it crazy but I heard my grandma whisper to me. What more could I ask?

2 comments:
i love that picture of you and Dee. we sure miss her!
Hope you had a very happy birthday it sounds like you did.
Post a Comment