Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Where Can I Turn for Peace?


Do you ever feel like your hands are tied in just about everything you seem to put your hands on. This is the way I have been feeling lately. So maybe this is a complaining journal entry, but I have some some very good reasons as to why I am not as stuck as I may currently feel.  My complaints or trials really seem minor when I look at others situations and trials. I have a friend recently that said she had a pity party that no one came to except herself and what made me laugh is the fact that I tried having one for myself earlier that week. When life throws a curve ball sometimes it seems as though you can't ever keep up with the curves. My personal complaints are not to receive pity or empathy or sympathy, but to show myself that it really isn't as bad as it seems. This past Tuesday I took Annabelle to story time at the public library downtown. I tried finding this book "Could Be Worse!" and of course I left my second pair of eyes at home cuz I did not find it this go around! The title says it all and I highly recommend this book! Like so many others I get frustrated with work and government, which seem to affect some of my frustrations with home.  If our government wasn't so corrupt then maybe my paycheck at work would cover the necessities better and I say that as a result that everything is going up faster than the paycheck I bring home. That in itself is a whole other apple for me to chew on because all I want to do is stay is be a stay at home mommy and wife. How fair is it that our politicians can have awesome healthcare, continually increasing paycheck and no accountability for the way our struggling politically correct society and economy is. In this ever changing world that I have no control over it seems that the only comfort I seem to receive is in the Mormon Radio Channel. It seems like I can't get anything done in less I have this playing in the background. It is amazing that the spirit of darkness literally flees my home the minute I turn on this channel and I feel the Holy Ghost enter my home and that brings tears to my eyes. My sadness goes away and a smile enters my face and lightens my soul as I know that we will be okay if we just "Hold to the Rod." I love to feel the spirit because it puts things back into perspective for me. It is easy to think that it "Could Be Worse" because it could be and therefore I thank God everyday for my husband and sweet baby girl. I have a job that helps supports my family and it has provided a way for me to have a roof over my head. I haven't quite figured out how to ask for more from Heavenly Father when He has already given me my wonderful life, but I know that He knows my situation and that He will send the peace I need to calm my frustrations.. The Hymn "Where Can I Turn for Peace" and sets the mood to how I feel.

1 comment:

Michael and Laura Elggren said...

Heidi, I completely understand your feelings. I have been struggling with the same thing. I want so badly to be at home full time with MaeLae. But I have to work. We can't survive on 1 income right now. And it is even worse in a ward full of stay at home Mom's. When they find out I work, they look at me like I am cross-eyed and just grew a horn. I actually had 1 tell me to just quit my job and make my husband pick up the pieces. It made me so mad because at that point, it isn't a partnership anymore! They just don't understand that sometimes in families, the Moms have to work too! And our insurance is through my work. So sure! I can put my family in turmoil! Why not?...I hope you are doing ok, stay prayerful and know that the Lord will make a way for you to be home if that is what His plan is for you. Love and hugs your way :)