Monday, October 26, 2009

Update On Us (mom and babe!!!)

Well things are going well. We are just getting ready for our little babe to come. Each day we are more and more excited for the big day. We are still so grateful to be pregnant. Annabelle is definitely our miracle baby. Life is already better with her. Caleb has been a wonderful husband to me. He is soo patient and loving with me that sometimes I wonder how he puts up with me. I must admit sometimes I am not the kindest person to be around. I am truly blessed to have him.
I saw the doctor today and as usual I made him laugh. Unfortunately, there is nothing he can do about me snoring at night. I was hoping for a cure cuz to his surprise it wakes me up at night! He is concerned about all the weight I have put on since it can lead to toxemia, but as of right now he is pleased my vitals are normal. Then I opened my big mouth and told him that all my cravings seem to be happening now instead of earlier in my pregnancy. He then proceeded to ask me what I was craving. So as honest and serious of a persons I am I told him just the normal things like ice-cream, candy and anything related to sugar! Here is the best part............ he told me as he laughed that I was really bad and that maybe not all of my weight gain is related to fluid retention. Since I was on the roll of being flat out honest I decided that I would tell the truth about the iron pill I was taking every other day. He wondered why I just wouldn't take if every day and I explained my thinking behind being "slightly anemic" He thought I was trying to manipulate him and wondered if I did it too everyone, but I assured him of my all my honest intentions which seemed to please him. He told him they like to see the iron level above 30 at the time of delivery and my level was 29. So to make a long story short Dr. Heidi is correct and cleared take it every other day!! Annabelle's heartbeat sounds good, fast and strong and we look forward to hearing it again in two weeks. Hopefully I can maintain my weight for the next two weeks when I am privileged to see him again.
I will be taking some pics here in the next week! Soo stay tuned to see the unveiling of .....as Dr. Brown calls me "a big girl now!"!!!! hehehe!

8 comments:

Michael and Laura Elggren said...

I am so glad to hear that everything is going well :) And that you have a good doctor with a sense of humor! And, I say it is ok to sneak in some ice cream at times. Babies love ice cream :) lol Love ya!

The Bahrs said...

YEA! I can't believe you are so close to having your family of THREE! How exciting!!!

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

great to hear everything is going good, and that you are so open with your doc. it makes things easier that's 4 sure... i am so excited for you and can't wait to meet the little lady ... i'm had cravings for ice cream and sugar and they have yet to go away!!!

Brinaghs said...

Hey there "big girl" WELCOME to the BIG GIRL CLUB!! Remember what I told you about the suger! Stay away from them. I cant wait to see the pictures!!

Brinaghs said...

Hello "Big Girl" I would just personaly like to welcome you to the BIG GIRL CLUB!!! I am excited to see pictures! Stay away from the candy big girl!!

The Bahrs said...

Hey mama! I want proof that you're a "big girl" with some PICTURES!!! I bet you adorable and so therefore you need to post some pictures of you and your babers/belly. :) I hope you're doing and feeling well, I am so super excited for you to have your baby girl!!! You're gonna be the best mom.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi! Man, I haven't talked to you in forever! I'm so excited to read your updates! I can't wait to see photos of your belly! :)

Keep having fun--if you think you're laughing now, wait till she's born and you get to see all the funny little expressions and things she'll do! Kids are fun! :D

Emma said...

yeah, you can't eat ice cream every night of your pregnancy and blame it on water weight my friend. ease up there a bit or you'll be like me and wishing for those last couple baby pounds to fall off.
and remind me again when your due date is? i am your awesome sister who can't remember.

and pictures? WHERE ARE THEY?