Friday, January 9, 2009

Thoughts about life.

I have had a lot of time to ponder my life. Every night we thank God for the things that have occurred that day whether it good or bad. I have been trying so hard to give credit where it it deserved because it is the only way I know how to be open to the whisperings of the spirit. Life can get overwhelming sometimes and I often wonder how I will make it through the day and then the week and then the month. Giving credit with a grateful heart has led me to be amazed with the love that my Heavenly Parents and Savior have for me. It is with this love that I have seen how we have made it each day, week, month, and year. I can only see the past and it is the only way I know how to learn in life. For obvious reasons I am glad that I can't see the future. I am reminded of Garth Brooks song about unanswered prayers. How grateful I am that God has not answered every prayer that very second or how I thought it should be. I was telling Caleb that I am not sure that I can handle one particular moment, of one day, this next week and it is problably the reason behind this post. I think it is just more fear than anything. Yes! I do know what the sunday school answer is...there is no fear in God. Sometimes it much easier said than done. I only ask that I can be given the strength and patience to endure what He knows I can handle, since Iam not given more than I can handle. I am then reminded that the only way I was able to get through previous days this past year is through going to work and serving the ones I serve and in return I am a stronger person that has just been served. I love the advice that Gordon B. Hinckley's father gave him when he was on his mission. He said something to the sort of "Forget yourself and go to work!" We will find that the disappointments in life are miniscule in the eternal scheme of things.

2 comments:

Diana Sims said...

Thanks, Heidi! That was a really good post! Love Ya!!

Michael and Laura Elggren said...

Very well said dear :) You've always been so wise.