Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I've been bit!!!!!!

So the last couple of months we have been trying to buy our first home....which I will talk more about when it actually goes through!!!Here is the link to the house.I think you have to click on the title of this blog. It is 1011 Berry Street. I hope the link works! I HAVE BEEN BIT BY THE ANTIQUE BUG!!!!! I love mahogany wood! I love furniture around the 1940's!~~!! I love the sheek house we are buying!!! I love the loook! I love it!! I love it!! Old and elegent is so much better than new! April I went to the flea market and bought a pre 1940 red mahogany China Hutch, but was unable to but the set that went with it. I found a table that appears to match the china hutch at a local antique shop for only $200! It has to be refinished and is missing the captain chairs, but I don't mind!! The original owners husband died and aparantly he refinished them, so she just had to keep something in memory of him!!!! Not to worry I will the find the chairs eventually and look forward to my current project of refinishing them. It helps having a father in law who is a General Contracter cuz he has all the supplies I need at his shop. OH I am soo excited to have been Bitten!!! There are lots of cool antique shops here in the south and you can find such nice, elegant and beautiful things!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I can't wait to see your new house!

Emma said...

K, let's see some pictures of all these good finds and um... your NEW HOUSE!!! you're killing me here!!!

Christense Clan said...

Shoot! The link didn't work for me, can you post another one? I would LOVE to see your house!! I am so jealous,I want a house SO SO bad!! Its good to hear how you guys are doing. Have fun!

Emma said...

Seriously girl,
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!
UPDATE!

Brinaghs said...

HELLO WE NEED TO SEE SOME MORE PICS OF YOU AND YOUR HUBBY AND YOUR DOG AND YOUR NEW HOME!!! I KNOW YOUR NOT INTO THE BLOG THING BUT HELLO!!! LOVE YA!!

Audrey said...

Alright my dear sister.. we have to blog more. DEAL?