Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Great Grandma VI Passes Away
We found out that Great Grandma Vi past away this morning. We are sad because we love and will miss her, but we are thrilled she is with our family that love and appreciate her. I am so glad we took the time to see her this past summer and we are grateful for those who had a part in this wonderful experience. This morning before we knew of grandmas death Annabelle woke up crying and we couldn't figure out why because it was not a normal cry we have heard before. She was not in pain nor did she have a bad dream, so we cuddled and went back to bed. We really believe that Annabelle knew this event was going to occur because they are both so close to the veil and then we learned of the bittersweet news. It just hit me as I am writing this that they had this connection when they were together. Looking back I see it because Annabelle is afraid of older people and I see it every time I take her for my residents to enjoy and love on, but she let Great Grandma Vi hold and love on her. To be honest she has always hard time going to anyone if Caleb or I are around. It brought us great joy to see our sweet baby go to someone she just met physically. Grandma Vi was thrilled to see this baby and she just kept giving her kisses while she played and talked with her. We love you Great Grandma Vi! and we look forward to meeting you again with all our loved ones.
2 comments:
how sweet. little annabelle could make anyone smile.
i'm glad you were able to spend time with her before she passed to make memories!
aw Heidi that is really quite an experience! very cool that she got along with her. i remember Dee with hippo and how she would sing her school song to hippo n she loved that. i think Annabelle will appreciate these photos as she grows up and hears this story you wrote here.
Post a Comment